Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happies, Lately

Here are just a few pictures of the things making me smile lately, as captured on my phone. 


 Bubble baths, especially after a long day at work. Bubbles, fancy soaps, candles, water that is just a little too hot, a relaxing station on Pandora. Ahhh. (This amazing soak tub is actually my parents' - I enjoyed several sudsy tubs while we were home to visit. Our poor excuse for a tub will have to do for now.) 

 For the past two years, since I found this fabulous tiered wedding cake cookie cutter, I've made cut-outs for our anniversary. I end up freezing most of them and pulling one out now and then when I'm craving one. Like now. I cannot believe how well this recipe freezes! Once they thaw out it's like I just baked them that morning!
 My sweet boy hanging out with me by our tree...Yes, it is still up. 
 Sipping on a McDonald's Peppermint Mocha. So much yummier than the mocha at Starbucks...and a whole lot cheaper!

 New-found favorite. Champagne + Wine = a much less burpy romantic evening than solo Champagne

 I woke up Wednesday morning to several inches of snow, and it was still coming down pretty hard in huge flakes. It was beautiful. Until I had to drive to work in it.

 I picked up this tea a few weeks ago and haven't been able to find it since. It is delish with a pinch of sugar and a dash of milk. 

 What a ham. I was trying to do my Bible study lesson and apparently he felt like I was just not paying him enough attention.

  Tea time on a Sunday afternoon. Perfect activity for in between worship and a good old Sunday nap. 

My new tea cup! I found this antique while I was shopping with my mom back in Ohio. It looks like a courting couple.

 Handsome goober.

 Snoring and twitching - must have been a good nap!

 Christmas flowers from Hubs

 Any idea what the star-shaped white ones are? They were so neat looking!

 I've read all her other books and I've been not-so-patiently waiting for my number to come up on the library waiting list since I have a hard time justifying hardcover prices. But then I found it at Marshall's for $7.00!



1 comment:

Chicago Girl said...

Great pics! I can't wait for a soak in a tub soon. Gorgeous tea cup, makes me want to hunt for some soon..

Post a Comment